8/02/11

Just a Little Doodle How-to

I love to doodle. I do it all the time. It's so portable, I can take it anywhere, in the home or outside. I work with twist-able colored pencils that Dyllan brought home on the last day of 1st grade. I like to use them because I don't need to sharpen them every few minutes.
I also use a fine sharpie pen for the beginning outline drawing and a standard dark blue or black sharpie for the final outline and detail work.
I start with a circle. Then I divide it into 4 parts. As I doodle, I mirror the designs I put on opposite sides.
Starting with one color, I fill in all the spaces with that same color before moving on to the next pencil. I go over the color the best I can to get a nice controlled hue with out breaking off too many nibs.

Here I went on to a next shade of colored pencil.

When finished, I take the dark marker and accent the started lines and then add any extra detail. So what do you think?

1 comment:

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your doodles are works of art! I love to doodle while I'm on the phone, so always keep colored pencils handy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...