Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mrs. Hancocks Baby Quilt

 At the end of 1st grade, Dyllan and I presented this quilt to his 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Hancock. She was expecting her first child, a girl by July.Mrs. Hancock has cats, so I wanted to incorporate them into the quilt with complimenting colors. I also thought that since she's a teacher, she might create a "eye spy" game with her little girl as she grew...to maybe count the different colored kitties. :)
 This was the first project I made with my sewing machine in nearly 6 years and also the first machine sewn quilt I've ever made. When it comes to crafting, I don't really like to follow rules, -  not all the squares are perfectly cut, and some of the stitches may be uneven, it's still made with Love and that's what counts, right? :)

My Step Mom who's a seasoned quilter gave us the idea of creating our own signature for the back. 
I love all the zig zag stitches. It's so Me!
 
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...