5/14/12

Mothers Day @ the Beach

 Yesterday for Mothers Day, we went to my favorite place to relax...the beach!  Aliso Creek Beach, about 20 minutes from our home. It was a beautiful day. We arrived about 10am. Pitched and decorated our canopy, set up a table, chairs and umbrella. Friends and their kids arrived after 11am and we stayed until 4pm.

Baby sand crabs.

 Sea gulls, loons, pelicans, a frolicking sea lion and even a whale were seen from ashore.
 The tide pools were teaming with life. You had to watch where you stepped. Sea anenomes everywhere!

 This was my lunch. I pre cooked hot dogs in the morning, made pasta salad and friends brought a large watermelon that we cut up as needed. When I eat hot dogs I like Nathans gluten free dogs because they are also SOY free, the buns are SOY and Barley free and the toppings are Nathans half sour pickles, peperoncinis, yellow mustard on top of "2" dogs. Cause that's how I like it. )
 The water was the perfect blue green. Reminded me of Cabo. Everything was perfectly perfect for Mothers Day.
Towards the end of our stay, the wind picked up bringing clouds and cold, so while we packed up,  we assembled some .99 cent kites for the kids to fly. A perfect ending to a perfect day.
How was your Mothers Day celebration?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...