8/07/13

Anchors Away!


Hi Everyone!
Here is my first post as a Sin City Design Team Member!
Yea!
I hope you will like my project!

I made “Anchors Away” using stamped images from:  the  “Nautical” plate  as well as images from Nautical 2.
The  Memories ink pad line:   Art print Brown, Regal Burgundy and India Ink.
Other items: scrapbook paper, cardstock, twine, sponges, scrap paper, gears stencil, precision scissors,  adhesive and foam tape.

 First thing I did was to ink up the globe map stamp with the India Ink and stamp it first onto some scrap paper then onto my background paper. I did this repeatedly until I was happy with the faded vintage inspired image.

 I crumpled the stamped paper into a ball, and squeezed it nice and tight.  Then I undid it and with a sponge and some Regal Burgundy ink, I lightly accented some of the crumpled ridges as well as the edges of the paper. This I smoothed out and adhered to the front of my card.


 I hand tore a square of some scrapbook paper and placed a gears stencil on top. With the sponge and Art Print Brown  ink, I dabbed the open design on the stencil.

 I stamped the anchor with India Ink and colored it in with a few Spectrum Noir pens. Next, I cut it out carefully with precision scissors.
 I placed a bit of twine on a paper napkin and began to ink it gently with both Art print Brown and India Ink.

I also stamped the ship onto some leftover background paper and mounted it with foam tape.  I wrapped the twine around the card 3 times securing with tape at the back and attaching to the stamped background paper with more foam tape. Next, I cast the anchor into place and secured with another piece of foam tape.

Anchors away! I hope you have enjoyed my first creation with this amazing rubber stamp company. I’m excited to be here and look forward to seeing you again soon!
In the meantime, please visit The Sin City blog for more stamping inspiration!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...