Today I am reapplying to be a Sin City Stamps Design Team Member!
I really have enjoyed working with Sin City Stamps because their designs are so diverse and right up my alley. Plus they have chipboard shapes, die cuts and stencils!
Here we go. Ready?
To create the above beautiful butterfly hair clips, you will need the following:
- Sin City Stamps-butterfly chipboard pieces.
- Aluminum foil tape- found in the plumbing section of a hardware store.
- Burnishing tool and detail scissors.
- 3 Favorite embossing folders and machine to run them through.
- Alcohol pens.
- Dew drops and a cluster of beaded wire.
- Alligator hair clips, e-6000 and a gold leafing pen.
- A extra piece of chipboard to practice on.
Color the designs with your alcohol pens. Wait for the colors to dry before adding a second coat to really make the colors 'pop'.
Place a line of e-6000 down the center of the large piece before adding the smaller piece.
Here I lightly bent the smaller butterfly down the center before placing onto the line of glue.
Next I added some clear dew drops which I 'just' touched the tops with the gold leafing pen.
Then I rolled up the practice piece of chipboard and placed it inside the clip.
I added some e-6000 to the top of the hair clip and placed the layered butterfly. I held this in place with my finger for about 20 seconds until I was sure it would not slip off the clip if I let go.
The rolled up piece keeps the hair clip from being sealed shut if any glue escapes.
Leave this in place over night. Remove in the morning or after 6 hours.
The nice thing about using alcohol pens, if you mess up...you can wipe the slate clean with nail polish remover and start over! :)
I hope you like my project , will leave me a happy comment and wish me lots of creative luck!