Every year bloggers around the world come together to share hand made crafts and treasures all based around the theme Faerie's!
Here I have a created a fun "Faerie Garden Umbrella" tutorial for you, complete with a giveaway at the end of this post!
Let's get started, shall we?
- Pretty patterned paper.
- A cup or small bowl measuring 4" across.
- Bamboo skewers cut to 5 ½".
- Decorative washi tape.
- Double stick tape.
- E600 or other equally strong adhesive.
- A colored bead for the top.
- Lace trim.
- Scissors and a pen.
1. Trace your cup onto the patterned paper and cut out.
2. On the backside of the circle, draw a line across, turn the circle and draw another line. You should have a "x" marking the center. Poke one of the skewers through the center to make a small hole.
- Secure the washi tape to the bamboo skewer with the double stick tape.
- Cut a slit from the outer edge of the circle to the hole in the center.
4. Place double stick tape on the outside edge of your circle, starting at the drawn line all the way to the cut slit.
- Lay down your trim onto the tape.
- Fill the remaining tab (should be a triangle shape) with double stick tape.
5. Place this tab under, joining the trim together, completing the shape of your umbrella dome.
6. Turn your umbrella dome over and place a bit of glue at the hole.
Quickly place bead onto point of skewer.
lay your clothespin onto a flat surface and use it to hold your umbrella upright while the glue sets.
Then place in your indoor or outside faerie garden for all to enjoy!
Would you like to win a 'starter set' to make 4 Faerie Garden Umbrella's?
Leave a comment for chance to win!
I will be giving away 3 sets of what you see below.
I will use random.org to pick the winners on July 1st, 2015.
You are also invited to join my Charms and Faerie Garden Miniatures Swap group on FB. You can view our past swaps here and here.
*Update- Congratulations to Barbara Rankin, Maria Soto and Carol Hoffman for winning the the mini umbrella kits!