12/22/17

Vintage Inspired Christmas Tree Light Reflectors


I've always loved the look of vintage tree light reflectors and I love how Rinea Foiled Papers can help achieve that look with out any fuss.
Because I was using the reflectors on our Mexican folk art tree, I wanted to use colors that were bright and festive. I used Rinea Glossy Foiled Paper because one side was colored and the other side was gold.
Cut your foiled paper in 1 ½" strip and score at the ½" mark. Use fringe scissors to cut up to the ½" line. Cut strips into 1" pieces.
Pick out 2-3 colors to layer. 
Place 1/4" strips of double stick tape at the top of each strip. A ball point pen is about the same size as a Christmas tree light, so use that as your wrapping base. Wrap a un-taped fringed square around the pen. Then add the 2nd squarewith tape and then the 3rd square.

Before slipping these over any lights, fringed reflectors. 
I personally love how these look on colored lights, they remind me of childhood trips to mexico during the holidays with my Dad.
Thanks for stopping by and Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...