For my project I made this Holiday wreath. It was so simple and fun to make, a easy afternoon project!
From The Robins Nest -
- Ace of Diamond Dew Drops
- Gold and Silver Dew Drops
- Black and White Holly cardstock
- Red Snowflake cardstock
- Black and White Pine Tree cardstock
- Christmas Words Glitter cardstock
- Glitter Snowmen
- Rusty Rose Ribbon
- Pistachio Archival Seeds
- Smoothfoam 2" x 1 ¼ x 14" Wreath
- Red acrylic paint and foam brush
- White chalk board pen
- Straight pins
- Glitter gel pen
- Foam and double sided tape
- Wire to hang
1. Paint top and sides of wreath with red paint, set aside to dry.
2. Cut the snowflake design from the cardstock. One 12x12 sheet will give you 4 strips for the the outside of the wreath and 3 strips for the inside.
3. Attach the strips to your wreath using the straight pins.
4. Cut out the holly shapes and attach with the pins, leaving space at the bottom of the wreath open.
5. Randomly glue the metallic dew drops and seeds to the wreath. Color in some of the seeds with the gel pen.
6. Embellish the sides of the wreath with the black diamonds.
8. Dab the chalk pen at the edges of the pine needles for a 'snow' effect.
9. Pin two pine sprigs each on both sides of the bottom of the wreath, then attach the third for each side with 2-3 layers of foam tape.
11. Pin one snowman in place then attach the second with foam tape.
12. Trim the words Merry Christmas from the christmas words cardstock. Adhere to some black and white pine tree paper.
13. Attach to base of snowman with foam tape.
14. Adhere some wire to the back of the wreath for easy hanging.
Now you have one less wreath to worry about for the Holidays!
Now on to the Giveaway!
For your chance to win, just leave a comment on any blog(s) in the hop, the more you comment on, the more chances you have to win!.
The prize is a amazing selection of products from The Robin's Nest and Smoothfoam, valued at $85.00 (available to ship within the US only).
Visit the DCC blog to hop through everyone's links and good luck!
Deadline to enter is July 28th.