I have been wanting to try a broken CD craft for a while. The black border of the frame was the perfect inspiration!
- One 5"x7" acrylic frame by Deflecto
- Assorted CD's
- Sharp heavy duty scissors.
- A soft washcloth.
- Protected surface and bowl.
- Aleena's fast grab tacky glue.
- Paper plate and q-tip.
2. The CD with start to separate while cutting. This is fine. Sort the pieces, careful not to touch the metallic shapes with your fingers, you don't want fingerprints.
|CD pieces intact. ... Top transparent layer ...Bottom metallic layer.|
4. Fill in as much space with the larger pieces then carefully trim the shapes to fit the smaller spaces. Be precise when trimming at the individual metallic layer of the CD is extremely brittle and breaks off easily.
Here I have decorated a 8 1/2"x2" Deflecto nameplate. I made my name graphic with a Free sign creator here.
All you have to do to win your own cube organizer and frame is comment on as many designer blogs as you can, "like" the Deflecto Facebook page then enter using the Rafflecopter widget that is on the DCC blog @ www.designercraftsconnection.blogspot.com.