5/18/09

Lollipop Flowers & Flea Market Finds!

I got the idea to make this lollipop flower from Helen Croft. I made this for my Mom, complete with a pin backing. I used stickles instead of 3-d paint as in the tutorial. I think it's just so pretty and can't wait to make more! Helen Croft, who's blog you'll fall in love with, I'm sure! Has a more amazing paper flowers tutorials to share!

Sunday I went to the Long beach Antique Flea Market and found exactly what I needed plus a few more goodies! I got there fairly early and was lucky enough to enjoy some cool weather before the sun began to 'bake' us all. lol!

I'm a stickler or shiny and vintage. These tartlette's were in a box marked 5 for $1. I bought $6 worth. I can see them being used for desserts, soap making, jewelry and some pin cushions?

It's impossible to do the whole flea market in the few hours I was there. After two long and interesting rows, I cut across to browse the row nearest to the rest room and found 2 booths away ~ a fabulous find! The above scrabble pieces were 20 for $1.
And the beautiful shades of blue poker chips were 40 for $1!

Part of my hunt at the flea market was to some particular shades of beads in pinks and greens for a bracelet I'm working on. The ones in the very center are hard to see, but they are green glass with pink swirls in them, from Africa.
I was in the Circus mood when I went to a all time favorite dealer!

That's all for now, Thanks for visiting!
*******************************************
Congratulations to Mary for winning some flowers!
and to Jacquie Hart for winning the Craft Book!

13 comments:

MaryNSC said...

O MY gosh THANK U SO MUCH!!!! THANK U THANK U!!!!
HGUS AND HUGS

michelle said...

Those are some great finds there Michelle.

Congrats Mary!

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

what wonderful treasures! I love the flower!

Pam Hoffman said...

Sounds like you had an EXCELLENT day at the market!

Way cool,

Pam Hoffman
http://seminarlist.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/PamHoffman

Sherry Goodloe said...

Nice finds there!! :)

rebecca said...

lovely flower making...
thanks for sharing.
xoxoxo,
rebecca

zakkalife said...

Oh, what pretty parasol party picks. Say that fast five times :) Great finds. Also, the flower you made is really lovely.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the winners.
And those lollie pop flowers look so fabulous!

Fantastic flea market finds!

Laura Bray said...

I love the plastic umbrellas!

Anonymous said...

I love how your flower turned out! I'm so glad you could use my tutorial!!See ya later!

Linda Moreland said...

Wow! You really know how to shop. I love to go to flea markets; we have both indoor and outdoor markets in the Midwest and I enjoy both of them. But, the advantage to the indoor mart is it's open 7 days a week so you can go whenever you want to. Even when I go in to pick up some Avon, which I always by at the mart, it seems I always get distracted and have to check out to see what's new. Thanks for sharing your finds with us.

stacycakes said...

oh my,what treasures!

MaryNSC said...

I got them!! they are BEAUTIFUL!!
I will treasure them.. THANK UUUUU
HUGSSSSSSSSSS

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...