Thursday, April 5, 2012

SteamPunk Easter Basket - Leslie Rahye's "Hippity SteamPunk Easter Blog Hop"!

 You must know by now that I have a fond affection for all things SteamPunk! So of course I was excited to participate in another SteamPunk blog hop with Leslie Rahye.
Here I made a SteamPunk inspired Easter basket with  a tutorial to show you how you can make your own!
 For a basket this size, you will need a 9" x 9" paper. I used The Robin's Nest, Silver Paisley on black cardstock. Score your paper every 3", all the way around. Then cut as shown above.
 Bend your squares at the score lines, then add a bit of glue as I did on to the first flap.
 Leave the center flap for the inside.
 Bring the two outside flaps together at a point. Hold for 10 seconds or more before letting go.
 Add a bit of glue to the inside flap and adhere to the other two. Hold again to make sure it's secure.
Repeat on the other side.
 With the smallest hole punch you have,  go as far as the punch will go to make your hole. Repeat on the other side.
 Cut a strip of the leftover paper to be 1 1/2" x 10". Insert punch at both ends to make the brad hole.
 Attach the handle from the inside with your brads, Then secure the handle just a bit more with a little glue on the inside.
 Then have fun decorating! I added vintage trim, lace, shredded Kraft paper, some chicks and these beaded eggs I made last year.  I also used some clock stickers and made some cut outs from The Robins Nest new line called, "Classified"!  You can see a mini - basket version here.
 Thanks for coming by and seeing my tutorial. I hope you have enjoyed it! I'm giving away these "spring" acrylic stamps from Stampendous. Brand new. For your chance to win, just leave a comment. Let me know what you like about Spring, or SteamPunk, or both!
Then don't forget to "hop" along to the other bloggers and see what SteamPunk creations they dreamed up. Some are also hosting fun giveaways! I will select a winner sometime on Wed, April 11th, 2012. Good luck!
(International Welcome)



Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...