2/19/14

My 41st Birthday & Valentines Day Week in Photos


 This past week I celebrated my 41st Birthday. It's always the day before Valentines Day.
In the above vintage Kewpi-cupid vase, I have some Birthday flowers.
I only bring him out once a year. Isn't he a cute?
He was a hand me down from my late Mother-in-law.


 Dyllan and I went to a dollar tree store looking for party favors. He was memorized by all the balloons they had, Tons! Next year, you should go there for $1 balloons. Same with greeting cards if you don't make your own. All Hallmark quality for $1 each. The lady in front of us at the check out, bought 30 cards. Maybe for co-workers. Either way...any where else. those cards would have been $5 a piece!

 On the 2nd Monday of every month, I get together with a wonderful group of card making friends.
We always have a themed swap, plus Birthday cards for the people celebrating that month and we take turns hosting a demo.
Here are some of the Birthday cards my friends made for me. 
 The Granny is a riot! Below is the inside of the card. :)

 
 Here we are at my kitchen table. I'm sorry I don't have a photo of the demo.
It was super fun to make.
 Here are the cards the ladies swapped at tonight's meeting.
I had my husband snap a photos because it's rare that we are all at a meeting. Some travel, or work gets in the way.  Most of the meetings are at my home because I have the table space. Sometimes a few other ladies host, which I appreciate. I really like the friendship and fun!
Here's our group on Meet-up if you are interested in joining.
Mixed Media Arts & Crafting Club
We now do other events beside card making...jewelry, painting, sewing and more!

Here are some cards I received from other crafty friends for my Birthday. 
So creative! Don't you agree?


Some  favorite "Valentines" for Dyllan from his classmates...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...