Personalize a photo cube with Joy® Embroidered Monograms!
In preparation of my Father-in-law's 80th Birthday, I wanted to give him something a little more personable. So I went to my local thrift store and looked around for something to 'alter'.
When I saw the plain wooden photo cube, I new I had found just the right thing!
The letters below are his initials and they fit perfectly inside the cube!
Read on for the tutorial.
You will need:
- Joy® iron-on Left, Right & Center Embroidered Monograms
- A photo cube
- Scrapbook paper
- Glitters and other embellishments
- Quick drying adhesive and diamond glaze.
- Cut a circle from the scrapbook paper that will fit inside your cube.
- Adhere the monogram letters in place.
- Coat the inside of the cube with the diamond glaze and add your glitters and such.
- While the glaze is still tacky, drop in your circle with letters.
- Paint over the letters with the glaze.
- Measure and cut the same scrapbook paper and adhere to the edges and outside of the cube.
- Seal the paper with glaze.
You can find Joy® embroidered, iron-on letters, letter sheets and appliqués at your local craft stores.
Visit the Creating with Joy blog for more inspiration!