7/12/19

Altered Thrift Store Photo Cube

Personalize a photo cube with Joy® Embroidered Monograms!


In preparation of my Father-in-law's 80th Birthday, I wanted to give him something a little more personable. So I went to my local thrift store and looked around for something to 'alter'. 
When I saw the plain wooden photo cube, I new I had found just the right thing!
The letters below are his initials and they fit perfectly inside the cube! 
Read on for the tutorial.


You will need:

  • Joy® iron-on Left, Right & Center Embroidered Monograms
  • A photo cube
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Glitters and other embellishments
  • Scissors
  • Quick drying adhesive and diamond glaze.



Instructions:

  1. Cut a circle from the scrapbook paper that will fit inside your cube. 
  2. Adhere the monogram letters in place.
  3. Coat the inside of the cube with the diamond glaze and add your glitters and such. 
  4. While the glaze is still tacky, drop in your circle with letters.
  5. Paint over the letters with the glaze.
  6. Measure and cut the same scrapbook paper and adhere to the edges and outside of the cube. 
  7. Seal the paper with glaze.  


You can find Joy® embroidered, iron-on letters, letter sheets and appliqués at your local craft stores.


Visit the Creating with Joy blog for more inspiration!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...