In Pala CA, there is a working mine where you can go dig to your hearts content. Ocean View Mines.
I have buckets and buckets of raw crystals to prove it!
When we travel through Nevada or other gem worthy states, I always make sure to stop off at quartz museums and shops. There is just something so magical and mysterious when you gaze into crystals.
This ring tutorial shows how you can make your own with the real deal or faux crystals as I did here.
- Tinted or clear crystals. These were purchased from the Bead Gallery @ Michaels Craft stores.
- Adjustable rings with a deep bezel. You can find these at any craft or bead store.
- Fine colored glitter.
- Paper plate or work mat.
- Styrofoam or Floralfoam- to set ring in while working.
- Small dry paint brush.
* Begin to add your crystals. Imagine how they would look on your finger.
*They will fall at first but as the glue starts to set, you'll be able to place them better.
* It takes approximately 9-11 crystals to fill a ring, depending on their size.
* When you can fit no more, sprinkle exposed glue areas with your glitter.
* Position ring firmly in foam so it sits upright.
* Let the ring set undisturbed for 8-12 hours or overnight before wearing.*Use the dry paint brush to remove any excess glitter from the ring and crystals.
Well, faux or not, crystals just make me feel good. So I'm giving away this ring. Its made with a mixture of both crystals in the materials photo. The ring is easily adjustable and will fit any adult finger, male or female.
Leave a comment here by March 15th, 2015 for a chance to win!
(Make sure I have a way to contact you. Leave your email or follow me on FB.-
- I have a group for my Blog Updates and a group for my Charms and Faerie Garden swaps)
The giveaway is open to everyone on planet earth but if you live outside of the United States, and you Win, I kindly ask you to pick up the shipping cost of the ring.
While you are here, Feel free to Vote for Best Blogger Craft!
This is my project, - a Chicken Wire Crystal Chandelier.
You can see it here.
You have until March 10th to pick your favorite :)
If you would love to see more crafts made with crystals, join me here on March 12th, 2015 for a Connie Crystal Blog Hop!