I hope you will enjoy my tutorial and be inspired to make your own. :)
- Smoothfoam 3" ball.
- From The Robins Nest- Green Glittered Chipboard, Gold Dusted and Red Dew Drops.
- Miniature Santa image- mine is from small printed Kleenex.
- Turbo Tacky and Tombo glue.
- Silver metallic paint
- Gold glimmer spritz
- Cracker box piece.
- Tiny silver decorations and fine iridescent glitter.
- Silver craft wire, Gesso, 100 grit sandpaper, dimensional glaze, glitter glue, tube connector from a glow bracelet, pencil, craft knife, scissors, emboss tool, melon ball scooper, paper plate, clear spray sealer, foam brush, craft mat and disposable cup.
Smoothfoam. Once you have all your pieces out, finish carving the oval hole with your melon ball scooper. The sturdiness of Smoothfoam will not crumble while you carve.
First paint the ball with metallic silver craft paint. Let dry. Then spritz the ball with gold glimmer spray. Dab off with a paper napkin to give the antiqued burnished gold effect. Let dry before spraying one coat of clear spray sealer.
The Robins Nest glitter chipboard. Place trees inside the ball. The still wet glittery glue mixture will hold them in place.
Place a thin line of Tombo glue to the rim of the ball and carefully place The Robins Nest gold dusted dew drops.
Isn't it pretty?