3/18/11

Easy as 1 2 3 - Roasted Salmon

We love Salmon.
So much in fact we eat it every other week.
Sale or not.
Not only is it good for you, but it tastes Wonderful! Hot or cold.
Easy as 1 2 3, here is how to roast Salmon.
Preheat oven to 450*
Line a large rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Lay your salmon on the sheet. (I buy ours pre-boned)
If the Salmon is two long, cut it in half and place it as I did here.

Sprinkle your Salmon with coarse kosher salt.
As much or as little as you like.
Sometimes I put extra near the tail so it can crisp up in the baking for a salty snack.

Roast until opaque throughout. About 15 minutes.
If you are not sure, pull sheet out of oven
and use a fork to break apart salmon to check for completion.
Feel free to put sheet back in oven a for a couple minutes longer.
When done, turn off oven and pull out baking sheet.
Serve with salad or eat alone.
I like to also put tartar sauce on top, store bought or homemade.
Here is my personal recipe, easy to make in a pinch!
1 Cup mayo
2 Tablespoons dill relish
1 teaspoon sugar
a couple of grinds of fresh pepper
Juice of one lime
Combine all ingredients together in a bowl.
  • Refrigerate for at least a 1/2 hour.
  • Enjoy!

2 comments:

Judi said...

We love fish also...yum. Salmon is a favourite and so is talapia. I've never made my own tartar sauce...I will have to remember your receipe.
Thank you for sharing..
have a great evneing.
Judi.

Vic said...

Looks good! We eat a ton of seafood of all kinds! I pot some snips of fresh dill and/or chives in my tartar sauce.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...