Friday, April 23, 2010

Madness is Genius

I just LOVE this, don't you?
Cat is giving away this your choice of this sign or another here on her blog on May 1st!

*******************************
On another note, I want to apologize for not being really active with posting my usual art right now. I do have a ton of stuff to share...all artsy, I do! Really. It's just that my I'm distracted, and as soon as I get a thought, any thought, I lose it.

Dyllan, who will be 6 at the end of this July has been tested for peanuts and has been declared allergic. This last Wednesday through a series of freak moments he had a reaction. I gave him a child benadryl which seemed to help, but then threw up twice and I questioned myself to give him the epi pen because I was unsure of what was all happening. It was all a crazy accident that wound him in the ER for 5 hours.
He's fine now. All clear. But I'm not. I always knew this day would come and now I'm on edge.
I chitchatted with the school nurse letting her know what happened and promised that next time (when the reaction will be much worse) I won't hesitate with the epi pen. She gave me useful tips and said he can wear a bracelet that's lets people know to react quickly if I'm not present...and now I need to really read food labels because when he says he can't breathe, I have to know what he's been eating.
OK. I'm going to stop now. Sorry for the depressing ramble. I'm a newbie at this. And I'm asking for the advice of Mom's who have gone through the same and can help me out.
Thanks. :)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...