This is both.
I only recently learned of a technique similar to this one.
I was showed how to make homemade washi tape from a friend who was inspired by this post.
So I went with the idea and made it my own...to share with and (hopefully) inspire you!
- Kabnet Wax Deli Paper - not to be confused with wax paper.
- Your favorite non-smearing black ink
- Stamping block if using a clear stamp
- Stamping foam pad - a must for every stamper or use a thick fashion magazine.
- Theater of dreams 2 - Butterfly Wings by Catherine Moore's Character Constructions.
- Heat gun
- Assorted shades of alcohol ink pens- pick colors that make you happy.
- 3D Crystal Lacquer
- Fine gold glitter
- Gold Dew Drops from The Robins Nest
- Gold craft wire.
- White cardstock, scissors, a pencil, adhesive and foam tape.
Tim Holtz Cling Rubber Stamp Set - Good Thoughts.
Take a sheet of the deli paper and open it.
You will want to stamp the wings onto the waxy side which is the crease side up.
Depending on how many butterfly's you actually want to make, times that by 3-4. Just in case you mess up.
As you can see in the photo (below)...too much ink, not enough ink, pressed to hard...get the idea?
You will be able to see your inked design easily enough.
Starting with your lightest alcohol ink shade, color your butterflys to your satisfaction.
No rhyme or reason, just color away and have fun. :)
This allows you to see the full effect of the butterfly's design without the card front design getting in the way.
Cut about 2" of the gold wire and fold in half. Coil the ends and glue the folded end in place at the butterfly's center. Add two tiny layers of foam tape as shown.
Finish you butterfly with 2 black Diamond Dew Drops.
I hope I have inspired you try this and make beautiful butterfly's too!
I would love to hear from you as you hop along. Comments are always welcome.
Have a Magical day!
- Michelle Frae Cummings