Sunday, July 13, 2008

Awards and Rambles

~ Last year at the OC Fair I walked away with 4 ribbons, 1st thru 4th. But them the theme was more to my liking and I was able to apply myself better! You can see those entries here.
This year the theme was odd. "Say Cheese!" They never really emphasized on the theme until a week before the fair opened! I just could not get myself into it this year. I entered 6 items and came away with 2 ribbons. I'm hoping to win the judges over with a hot artichoke dip I'm entering on the 20th for a "live" judging.

~ Here is a crown I made for the recycled division. It was not until after I made and entered it that I realized I should have used cheese wrappers! But instead I used chip and candy wrappers to make up the "Junk Food Queen" She got a Honorary Ribbon!

~ Since I'm so infatuated with my birds nest creations, I thought of playing up to the fair theme with a birds nest photo bracelet and placed 3rd! Not bad.


~ I Like my stamped and embossed ornament but felt it really needs more dimension. At least it sparked some idea's for Christmas ornaments!

~ I made a elaborate mini book for the Scrapbook section. I was inspired by "Sex and the City"
Please go here to see all the inside pages I made for this book!

~ This "Cow" was my attempt to combine the two fair themes in to one. Ghastly is it not?
When the fair is over, I'm going to re-do it and list it in my shop.

~ Lastly, simple and sweet. I love this bracelet! I even made the acrylic charms!
~ On to other Awards...
Vicki of Art that Makes Me Happy has awarded me the following 2 awards!



and Sara of Fifth Child Studio has also granted me the Brillant Weblog award!

Thank you all so much!
In accepting this award,
I agree to:
1. Display logo and link to who gave it.
2. Nominate at least 7 blogs.
3. Add links to those 7 blogs.
4. Leave the nominees a message that they received the award.

Now, I would like to share these awards with the following BLOGS...
Bari J.
Little Brown Sparrow
Sugar & Meringue
Whendi's Bears
Ga Ga for Garlands
Calico Daisy
Art Tea Life
*

All said and done... I'm off to take a shower and then take Dyllan to meet up with some friends for a walk around Dana Point Harbor!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...