10/26/12

Leslie Rahye's - A Very Spooky Halloween Blog Hop!

Welcome to another Steam Punk blog hop hosted by Leslie Rahye!
For this project I decided to make some vintage inspired spiders to wear and decorate my home!
 I purchased the gears from Hobby Lobby in their scrapbook embellishment section.
They are fairly easy to bend a bit to fit the spiders abdomen.


I used  E-6000 to glue the gears to my spiders which were plastic and rubber.
 I glued them onto ring and hair clip blanks I found on Etsy.
 A little bit of a 18k gold leafing pen added the final touch!



























Thanks for coming by, I hope you have enjoyed my Halloween Steam Punk creations!
Please visit the rest of the artists below for more Halloween fun!



16 comments:

Linda said...

I love this ring and I would wear it. Great fun piece of jewelry..
Thank you for sharing.

Linda said...

I love this ring and I would wear it. Great fun piece of jewelry..
Thank you for sharing.

silvia said...

AWESOME job on your spiders!!!

Dee in N.H. said...

Love your spiders!! especially the cool hair clips! Awesome!

Rachel OCrowley said...

I want one!! Such a cute idea!! Great job Michelle!

Nan G said...

OMG! Real spiders, yuck. Your spiders - WOW! They're so cool, neat, creepy-in-a-good way awesome!

Noreen said...

What a fun, clever idea! Your spiders are perfectly steampunk!! Where did you get the spiders?

Noreen
http://craftyjournal.com

CarlaKH said...

How cool! Love all the spideys and the ring especially! So fun.

Morninglass said...

I love your gear bodied spiders, they are right up my alley. I also think that using them as jewelry is a great idea!

lorby said...

I love all your spiders. They are going to look awesome in your hair and on your fingers too. You should have a few for your toes. LOL Thanks for sharing.

Fab said...

Those could be easily used as props from 'Warehouse 13' so deliciously steampunk ! I love them ! xoxo Fab

Regena said...

me want. love these!

Lyneen said...

These are fantastic!!!!!! I would wear these in a minutes!!!

Leslie G said...

These are amazing. I love your "steampunk spider farm". Thanks for sharing!

ionabunny said...

I thought these were metal! Fab technique. These are great

Jess B. said...

these are beautifully steampunk. TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...