7/20/07

July 11th, Random Thoughts












Every waking moment I have random thoughts that flit here and there. Some of them are quite good, only, I never write them down. On this morning I did.

8:45am
I really LOVE my Artichoke bush! I picked one a few days ago because I did not want it to fully bloom. I left the other on the bush to eat another day.(see photo)

8:50am
The things they do.
Dyllan woke up with one pant leg up and the other leg down. I asked him to "fix" his leg, so he pulled"up" the other one!
9:00am
I spent all of yesterday working on organizing the garage. Sorting, re-arranging,pitching.I used those bags you suck the air out with your vacuum for my fabric and yarn. What a space saver! It may not look like I did much but I did fill up our trash can. In sorting through my art supplies, I found art mediums that took me back to the days of art classes at my local junior college. Things I found to which I can't wait to use again soon;
1. Art box full of pottery tools
2. Giant art bin full of watercolor and acrylic tubes
3. A nice collection of chalks,pastels,charcoals and blending tools.
4. I even found a bag of beach pit charcoal that I have been known to collect and use when money was tight.
So here I am in the kitchen really jotting down old memories on a notepad while my artichoke is steaming and Dyllan is singing along with the Wonder Pets.
9:30am
I stuffed my steamed Artichoke. I figured that if I have the ingredients, then use them. When I don't then I make a dip out of mayo,lemon juice and cracked pepper. But in my case, I never really follow a recipe. =I just do what feels right. Dried parsley,lots of pressed garlic,melted butter,virgin olive oil,salt, bread crumbs and freshly shaved parm.cheese.
After fully steaming the artichoke, I drain it well and put it in a tin pie pan. I open it up really well, like a flower and stuff the leaves with my mixture, drizzle a little more oil on top and put it in the broiler until the cheese has melted and it is toasty brown on top!
Yum!
It's huge!


10:45am-ish
Fooling around with Dyllan and he head butted my face the way toddlers do with their extra hard noggin,I hurt, I bled. The inside of my lip is cut but at least my tooth is ok. Still hurts, I'll survive.
11:30am
Everyday, every moment, (even during melt downs), Dyllan amazes us.

Today he hung his trains from their magnetic front from a vintage child's chair I've have since I was a little girl. The mere fact that he did this on his own, amazes me.

They look like ornaments hanging there!
I wonder if it helps that I've set the music to a "soundscapes"-a soothing blend as opposed to his usual "chitty-chitty bang bang" blend.
Whoops! They all fell down!

2 comments:

Laura Bray said...

Great posts today! I wish I could have gone to the Flea Market-maybe next month.

Queen of Tides said...

Wow, that artichoke looks yummy! Almost too pretty to eat. Love all the flea market finds, not many flea markets up where I live.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...