12/11/07

Tasty Toffee

~ Here is a recipe I thought I'd share! I'll be baking all this week. I usually do alot but this time I'm cutting down and want to have alittle fun so here is my list of baking:

Tasty Toffee
Fudge Crinkles (made from cake mix)
rolled cookies
stained glass cookies
Gingerbread cookies
chocolate chip cookies(from tub at costco)
pre-made gingerbread house to decorate (from Costco)

Please enjoy this "easy and "Tasty" recipe!

Tasty Toffee


1 stack saltines
1 cup sugar
2 sticks butter
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup nuts

Pre-heat oven to 400*
Line a cookie sheet with foil.
Lay crackers out neatly on the foil.
Melt sugar and butter in microwave, stir and pour over crackers.
Bake for 8 minutes (it will bubble).
Take out of oven and pour choc. chips evenly over crackers.
Smooth chocolate over crackers with a spatula.
Sprinkle with nuts if desired and cool. (I put it in the fridge for a bit to firm up)
Break apart and enjoy!

* I have in the past made toffee from scratch but can't keep a eye on it and the Dyllan, so I find this easier and still yummy!

4 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Sounds yummy Michelle. Excuse my ignorance on the Saltines ( I am Australian after all)but are they a dry cracker that is lightly salted??
Alison

Lori said...

oh yummy!!! i loves toffee and will give this easy peasy version a go:)

Alison Gibbs said...

Thanks for the information on Saltines Michelle. In Australia they are marketed as Saladas.
Now I may be able to try your recipe.
Alison

Rosemary said...

Sounds really good Michelle.
Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Rosemary

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...