1/27/11

Jeepers, Creepers, where did you get those Peepers?....



A couple of weeks ago, I was driving back from picking up my new studio craft table from my brother in laws house in San Juan Capistrano. I was just passing my old neighborhood, wanting to glance at my old house, when I glanced to my left and almost swallowed my gum as I saw this.
First thought in my mind was the creepy movie, "Jeepers Creepers".

Then upon realizing what it was, I stopped my car to grab a few photo's. I was lucky to have my Nikon 8700 with me and was able to capture this Turkey Vulture! Usually they are not roosting this early in the morning. They fly in at dusk after spending the day close by on the Ortega Highway, scavenging for road kill and such.

Above, you can see how far away I was, but my camera got me in closer.


and in...even closer.
Look at that wing span!

Then he flew off into a old oak tree, the branch bowed dangerously with it's weight.



It was nice to see a bit of wild nature up close!

2 comments:

Nancy Pechinski said...

Love the pics. Turkey vultures are so cool. We get them in the back of my husbands work on the deli's dumpster.

Laura said...

Right after we moved to the ranch, I came upon one of these guys sitting on the road. I decided to see how close he would let me come. I didn't realize until I was way too close that he had a fresh kill at his feet. Let me tell you that wing spam looks really huge when you are being chased!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...