6/24/13

Stamped Happy Birthday Butterfly card!



Hi Everyone!
     Today I would like to show you how to make this beautiful butterfly card using supplies you probably already have on hand.
Here is how I made this card:
I inked the glossy side of a blank photo card with mustard seed, shabby shutters and peeled paint distress inks. Then I placed a paper doily in the center of the card and inked over it with peacock feathers  ink.
 I removed the doily and proceeded to add a stamped music sheet image, -stamp from Anna Griffin.
Next I placed some decorated wide washi tape at the top and bottom of the card.
 For the center, I used some thistle stickles and spread it outwards with my finger.
 I stamped a few butterfly's from Rubber Neck stamps and colored them in with a variety of alcohol pens. The one on the left will be the bottom butterfly for the card.
 I added detail with a fine black pen and formed the butterfly's antenna from thin craft wire.
 I inked the edges of the card, butterfly and stamped greeting with a gold leaf pen. I placed the butterfly onto the bottom image, folding the wings up, as if ready to take flight. I added some polka dot washi tape for a ribbon look, and a few Golden Berry Dew Drops from The Robins Nest for a   final touch.

Thanks for coming by, I hope you'll leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my creation. :)

8 comments:

Proxxon Tools said...

Love the washi tape, bring me some. LOL thanks for your interest in being apart of the SinCity Stamps DT

Proxxon Tools said...

Love the washi tape, bring me some. LOL thanks for your interest in being apart of the SinCity Stamps DT

juscrap said...

Great job! I realy love it!xoxo

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful make! Totally love all the layers you have managed to create!! And yes, like Terri says, that washi tape looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks so adorable! I love to make scrapbook handmade cards, I think that these guys are the nicest present ever. I also love pop up cards (I generally use these instructions http://www.askwiki.net/How-to-Make-Pop-up-Cards http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Pop-Up-Card) Sometimes, cards turn out to be even cooler, than the presents themselves. You did an amazing job,keep going and good luck!

Unknown said...

I love the artistic approach to this card, I have tried something similar, but enjoy your mix of media. Thanks for sharing.

paintercrafter said...

Amazing! Loved how you treated the butterflys. Thks for sharing!

Mari said...

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...