A handful of DCC designers and I received product from Decorative Trimmings to inspire you in making Wedding themed projects.
Decorative Trimmings is a manufacturer of high quality braids, cords, ribbons, fringe and other trim.
Decorative Trimmings are used in bridal wear, Renaissance costumes,Mardi-Gras, masks, hair adornments, hand bags, jewelry and more!
I love anything Boho/Gypsy, so naturally I fell in love with these sequined trims!
I've created 2 headpieces and a garter.
To make the headpieces, I used the following:
Sedona Rose Hologram Sequin Trim
New Orleans Fushia Trim
- Measure- starting at your forehead, and continue all the way around. Add a extra ½".
- Secure ends with a small piece of clear tape to keep the sequins in place.
- Overlap ends, tape on tape and hand stitch with a thread and needle until secure.
- Cover stitched area with a decorative butterfly, either with hot glue or a thread and needle.
- Wear headpiece across the forehead or as a headband.
Perfect for a Bridesmaids, girls night out, a princess party or everyday wear!
To make this garter, I used the following:
Purple Spot Sequined Trim
2" Purple Chainette Fringe
- Measure above the knee and cut both trims to be 1" shorter the actual leg circumference.
- With a thread and needle, hand stitch the purple trim to the fringe as shown.
- Open up the fringe by trimming off the bottom. It is stitched for you so the fringe can hold its shape before creating with.
- Stitch a 1" piece of like or dark colored elastic to both ends. This is your elastic give.
- Place on leg, above the knee and give a little "shake"!
Please visit the rest of the designers here for more Wedding themed projects using Decorative Trimmings.